Friday, May 27, 2005

The Case of the Female Orgasm, Part 65

Some More Lloyd links

And Then There's Mona

Crucial to Lloyd's thesis is that women rare climax from vaginal intercourse alone, but almost always require clitorial stimulation. And then there's Mona:
Right as I was falling asleep last night (the first time, pre-oh-baby-oh-baby-sex), I tried to narrow down the types of female orgasm I knew just from personal experience: vaginal, clitoral, anal (yes, really), back and neck and arms and shoulders (separate? same? not sure?), and a little ditty I call 'hands-free fantasy' orgasm. (With a good fantasy, and a little Kegel-inspired cooter fluttering, I can create an orgasm whilst driving, typing, sitting in boring meetings...all hands free. The orgasm has a stifling aspect, natch, and I have to wipe the chair off afterwards, but....) So exploration is definitely necessary.


Lloyd on SNL


From Lloyd's publicist at HUP, this recap of the two liner on SNL

---
It was very quick-- Amy Pohler said something like "In other news, a book called The Case of the Female Orgasm has been stirring up a controversy by arguing that there is no evolutionary component (or something like that) to the female orgasm." And then (showing an edited cover of an old "Hardy Boys" book!) "it's certainly proved to be the most interesting case in years for the Hardy Boys," or, again, something like that.
---


You forget when you walk around repeating SNL catchphrases that most of the time the show isn't funny, not with the original cast, not with eddie murphy, and not under Tina Fey.

Lloyd in Slate

Amanda Schaffer has a nice article in Slate about the history of Lloyd's research. She also says that Lloyd was on The View. She also gives us a link to the current Technorati list on Lloyd, which makes me realize I can't keep up with the popular discussion at all. I don't want to drop the story though. I'll focus on the philosophical discusison.

No comments: