Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Published!

My proposal for a chapter in a book on Battlestar Galactica and Philosophy, "Gaius Baltar and the Image of the Tyrant in Plato and Boethius" has been accepted! Yipee! Now all I have to do is write it.

My (third?) career as a pop culture scholar is starting to move forward. I also signed up to review Philosophy and the Interpretation of Popular Culture for Metapsychology online. This work has been a little stalled of late. My Buffy paper, based on a talk I gave at the Slayage conference, looks like it will be under consideration that the Slayage journal indefinitely. I'm beginning to think the paper was flawed anyway. My Firefly proposal was rejected, but I think I can at least turn around and send that to the third Slayage conference.

  • I actually have a lot of irons in the fire right now. In addition to the BSG project, I have to Revise the paper on the Buddhist aesthetic experience of nature for Environmental Values.
  • Develop a paper on the potential for a indigenous Chinese environmental movement as a part of my participation in this institute. An early version of the paper has been accepted to this conference. Eventually, this should go to a big journal, although I don't know which one.
  • Finally, I have two ideas kicking around that I don't entirely know what to do with: one on appreciating nature as a process and one on the aesthetic evaluation of species.


Busy busy busy.

1 comment:

Mona Buonanotte said...

Congrats!

Keep at the Firefly thing, sounds great.