Saturday, August 26, 2006

Times of War Are Funny

First, via Miss Vicky, this excellent mash up video of our Dear Leader singing "Imagine" and "Take a Walk on the Wild Side" Having W. sing "Imagine" is becoming its own little genre. This version is much better than the previous one I saw. Less dogmatic, more odd. And what's with all the Hillary footage?

Second, via Lizardbreath at Unfogged, this letter to the NYT book review.
To the Editor:

Reading Dexter Filkins’s review of “The Looming Tower,” by Lawrence Wright (Aug. 6), I was both concerned and outraged to learn that the “cave-dwelling madman” Osama bin Laden is, in fact, only six feet tall. Since the horrific attacks of Sept. 11 I have naturally assumed, like many Americans, that bin Laden was 6-foot-6 if not taller. This shocking revelation has forced me to radically reassess my views on 9/11, the war on terror, the Bush administration, the liberation of Iraq, and Islam, which is caught between the rock of tradition and the hard place of modernity. No longer do I consider bin Laden to be an invincible Goliath-like demagogue. Now that I know his true stature, I think we should move on to pressing domestic concerns.

Lt. Col. John Petzen, Ret.

Sun City Center, Fla.
As LB points out, very Monty Python.

No comments: