Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dear Idea of a Human Centipede

Dear Idea of a Human Centipede: Please get out of my brain. Please get out of the casual conversations I have. Please let me forget your existence.

You enter my thoughts at least three times a week, sometimes spontaneously, sometimes from the words of another. This cannot go on. Your presence hurts me.

I sometimes imagine that the writer/director of the movie The Human Centipede was in a similar position. Once you, this poisonous idea, got into his head, he couldn't stop thinking about it. Maybe he thought that by making the movie, he would be spared, sorta the way in The Ring if you show the cursed video to someone else, and curse them, then you won't die. Maybe he didn't think he could rid himself of the evil thought, but he resented the rest of us so much for being free of it that he wanted to bring us down to his level.

In any case, Idea of a Human Centipede, please leave my brain.

4 comments:

Thomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thomas said...

"Maybe he didn't think he could rid himself of the evil thought, but he resented the rest of us so much for being free of it that he wanted to bring us down to his level. "

Perhaps you intended a similar result with this blog post. If so, it sort of worked. I'll admit I hadn't heard of this monstrosity before you brought it up and had to Google it. Having done so, while I agree the idea is beyond the furthest extremes of squickiness, I am happy to say I haven't found myself beset with unwelcome thinking about it.

Rob Helpy-Chalk said...

Its true, I was trying to remove the enchantment, as in The Ring. Hopefully you don't have to be actually haunted by the idea to break the spell on me.

Unknown said...

What bothers me so much about Human Centipede isn't so much that the movie itself exists, but rather that rule 34 of the internet still applies.