Wednesday, March 14, 2007

whinging and blegging

Why is the "burn CD" button in Rhapsody permanently gray for me? Why does "update you music licenses" lead to "update your Media Player" which leads to the computer "hanging"? Why to the later message boxes in this sequence spread wider than my monitor, so that I can't really see all the text?

So far I've tried to make my CD with itunes, rhapsody, and emusic. Will I have any better luck with the new Napster?

Does someone want to loan me a copy of Paranoid?

Hypothetically speaking, if someone were frustrated with the methods for buying music legally on the internet, and wanted to return to the more convenient stealing, what would be the best way to do it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hypothetically, azureus and a site such as demonoid.com for a start.

Rob Helpy-Chalk said...

Thanks for the hypothetical advice. Molly is already telling me I've invested too much energy in this project, but I'll probably waste some more time on it.

Anonymous said...

Buy actual physical CDs, used is good; or borrow from the library, or from your friends.
Rip them yourself.
Do whatever you like with those bits; as long as you don't upload, you will be able to live with your conscience.