This is now the third successful weekday of my "write a page every weekday pledge." I've been thinking of things I could write in this space, but I've restrained myself. Mostly today I've been thinking about
- The possibility of a morally upright sociopath.
- The desirability of having the ventromedial area of your prefrontal cortex removed, so that sympathetic reactions to other's suffering does not affect one's higher order decision making.
- The desirability, conversely, of having the same area of the brain augmented by a large dose of neural stem cells, or perhaps simply by an injection of the milk of human kindness itself.
- Whether sociopaths can be said to "feel" the pain of others if sympathetic reactions effect every part of their brain except higher level decision making.
- Whether someone whose sociopathy is expressed in the endless quest to seduce women as a way of “conquering” them can make up for the low quality of sex in sheer quantity, thus attaining some semblance of the good life.