Friday, December 10, 2004

Published!

I'm published. I'm fucking published. I'm motherfucking published.

Loftis, J. Robert. 2005. "Germ-Line Enhancement in Humans and Nonhumans" Kennedy Institute of Ethics Journal 15 (1): ???-???

I'm one published motherfucker.

I did, however receive the first acceptance letter I have ever encountered that began with the words "I am very sorry"

Why is it that so many journals seem to have a policy of not informing authors of their decisions? I used to think it was me, that I'm so sloppy with mail that I simply threw out notices half the time from journals. I don't think it is me anymore.

Time to update my CV!

____
Dear Rob: I am very sorry; I was certain that you had been informed that we
would like to publish your paper in a special thematice issue on Justice and
Genetic Enhancement that we are preparing for the March 2005 issue of the KIEJ.
I apologize if you did not receive that notification, and am pleased that I have
good news for you.

The paper does need to be trimmed down, and the issue editor, Ronald M. Green
(at Dartmouth College), has made some suggestions, which I will incorporate into
my copyediting and will return to you for your approval or modification.

I hope to send the edited copy to you via email within the next two weeks.
Sincerely,
Carol

No comments: