Thursday, December 01, 2005

Welcome Prospective Employers!

I am in the process of applying for academic jobs, and this blog is the first entry that comes up when you google my name, so I have no doubt that at least a few prospective employers will find themselves here.

Welcome. To the right, under the heading "my work persona" you can find plenty of material relevant to the job search, including my CV and writing samples. The rest of this blog is not directly a part of my professional work, although I do frequently discuss philosophical ideas here, some of which may wind up some day in professional work. Imagine a group of academics who have a regular date to go bowling. You might expect them to talk shop, and even exchange important ideas and information, but it still wouldn't go in their tenure file. If you want to hear more about my thoughts on how blogging relates to academic professionalism, I recommend you look here.

This post has been changed: Comments about professionalism are now just forwarded to another post.

No comments: